Pitch In

8 awesome reasons to pitch in

A Year of Productivity is my full-time job for a whole year, and there are no ads on the site, because I want to focus on writing the most valuable stuff I can, not on getting as many ad impressions as possible. I think if I write as much valuable stuff as I can and give it all away for free, amazing people like you will help me build my project up.

Here are 8 awesome reasons to pitch in!

75% of your money goes right back into A Year of Productivity.

75% of your money goes right back into A Year of Productivity.

My ultimate goal isn't to make money, it's to make you and me more productive, and to build this project up. I'll reinvest 75% of what you give back into the project, and use the other 25% to pay the bills.

I’m putting all of my time, energy, and attention into A Year of Productivity for an entire year.

I’m putting all of my time, energy, and attention into A Year of Productivity for an entire year.

I also won’t have any income coming in for the year (and have a big pile of student loans, so I can’t invest my own money).

You’ll get recognized as a contributor at the bottom of a feature-length post!

You’ll get recognized as a contributor at the bottom of a feature-length post!

If you want to be, that is.

I will stay accountable.

I will stay accountable.

Every day I post stats on: how much time I invest into the project, the number of book pages I read, and how many words I write.I’ll also post periodic updates on how I spend your money. The last 5 things I bought (if you're curious): business cards, a word counting app, workout gloves, web hosting, and an Internet overage charge from my 'Week of TED' experiment.

I’ll send you a hand-written thank-you letter.

I’ll send you a hand-written thank-you letter.

If you pitch in 10 bucks or more, that is! (Because of sending fees.) Don’t you miss that feeling of getting personalized letters in your mailbox? Let’s be pen pals!

I want to build this project up with you.

I want to build this project up with you.

This site already looks great because of some friends that helped, but I want to make it even better by adding more features. That costs money, as does running productivity experiments, hosting the site, and buying up fancy stock images to pretty up posts!

You’ll get free swag!

You’ll get free swag!

Money permitting, and if you actually want it. (I’ll ask you about this when you donate.)

You’ll feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

You’ll feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

(But this kinda goes without saying.)

If you can't or don't want to pitch in, don't worry - I still love you.

 

pitchin.001Or click here to check out my Amazon Wish List!